Last updated on May 9, 2023
- We are complying with GDPR when providing our services all around the world.
- We only collect what we strictly need for our service to function.
- We will never sell your data and never have.
- We work only with limited, trusted and secure third-party services.
As a visitor to the placekit.io website
The privacy of our website visitors is important to us so we do not track any individual people.
As a visitor to the placekit.io website:
- No personal information at all is collected
- No cookie is stored in the browser
We rely on Plausible for analytics and Firebase (Google Cloud) for hosting.
When you write to us, we may keep email correspondence, which includes the email address, so that we have a history of past correspondences to reference if you reach out in the future. We use this data solely in connection with answering the queries we receive.
As a visitor of an external website using PlaceKit service
When you implement PlaceKit into your website, your users may send information to our API.
We do not track any individual people.
- No cookie from us is stored in the browser
- No information shared with us is shared with advertising companies
- No information shared with us is sold or monetized
What we collect and what we use it for
- IP address is collected and processed for fraud prevention and geolocation approximation purposes to deliver the best relevance possible when searching for an address.
- Device geolocation is only collected when opted-in by the visitor and used for an even more accurate address search relevance.
- Search query from user input is collected and processed for the service to function.
None of these data is enough alone to identify someone. We do not store any of these information in our own database nor do further processing.
We forward these data to be processed by Algolia, our search engine provider, that keeps logs for 3 months.
Our API is hosted on Google Cloud Platform that keeps logs for 62 days maximum.
As a customer and subscriber of PlaceKit service
We collect only what we need to deliver the service you signed-up for.
- No information is shared with advertising companies
- No information is sold or monetized
What we collect and what we use it for
- An email address is required to create an account. You need to provide us with your email address if you want to create a PlaceKit account. It is essential to attach your settings and usage to your account for us to emit invoices.
- When you use a social provider to sign-in, a secure access (OAuth) token is stored to associate your PlaceKit account with your Google or GitHub account.
- Passwords are stored as hash to ensure no password can be read or guessed by anyone, even us. If you use a social provider, password is optional.
- All of the data that we collect is kept fully secured, encrypted and hosted on Google Cloud servers, in an energy-efficient data center in Belgium.
- All emails are sent using a third-party email provider. Transactional emails are sent using Sendgrid or Hubspot. See the Sendgrid and Hubspot Privacy Policies for full details.
Retention of data
We will retain your information as long as your account is active, as necessary to provide you with the services or as otherwise set forth in this policy.
We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect PlaceKit's legal rights.
You can choose to delete your PlaceKit account at any time. We will delete all your data and only keep legally required information such as the invoices, and use them solely for that purpose.
Third party privacy policies
Changes and questions
We may update this policy as needed to comply with relevant regulations and reflect any new practices. Whenever we make a significant change to our policies, we will also announce them publicly.